Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chocolate Covered Strawberry Rice Krispie© Treats

Posted by: Kat Remick
By The Sillie Bean Gourmet

3 Table spoons butter or margarine
1 (7 oz) jar of Strawberry Fluff©
6 cups of Rice Krispies©
1 cup of mini chocolate chips

I recently bought a huge box of Rice Krispies© because it had an awesome Star Trek Communicator inside (I fully admit that I am a big nerd.) The problem is that, while I am a fan of Snap, Crackle, and Pop, my husband and I are not the biggest fans of Rice Krispies© as a cereal. So I decided to make my first attempt at Rice Krispie© treats, but me being me I couldn’t make your run of the mill Rice Krispie treats. I had to tweak it in some way to make it unique to me. Enter the Strawberry Rice Krispie Treat! Then I realized that this was not an original idea. Enter the chocolate chips. I think you’ll find these to be easy and delicious. The novice cooks perfect desert. Here is how you can make your very own.

• Add entire contents of the jar of Strawberry fluff © into a large mixing bowel

• Add 3 tablespoons of butter into bowl and place bowl in the microwave.

• Microwave for 4 minutes. Take bowl out every minute and stir.

• Add 6 cups of Rice Krispies© Stir in the Rice Krispies until they are completely coated.

• Using a buttered spatula, empty the contents of the bowl into a 13x9x2 pan coated in cooking spray. What is a buttered spatula, you ask? Exactly what it sounds like. A spatula rubbed with
butter. Keeps the Rice Krispies© from sticking to it.

• Sprinkle the chocolate chips on top. Pat down with the spatula so that the chocolate chips are secure on the top. Don’t press down too hard because you don’t want the chips to melt too much.

• Allow treats to cool at room temperature for 15 minutes and then cut into 2 inch squares

• Treats are best in served the same day, but can kept in an air tight container for up to two days.

• To Freeze, layer treats separated by wax paper and place in an air tight container

No comments: