Saturday, March 28, 2009

Lauren- The Way We Get By

So.
I was told this was a movie I needed to see. Please read the review below for accurate description on the film,because I cannot provide you one. Once hearing the plot of this movie, I instantly had the reaction that I should stay away because I knew I would be reduced to tears. My exact words you ask? "If I see one little old man in a veterans baseball cap, I'm gonna lose it." And that I did. The first three seconds of the movie. Thank goodness for the woman next to me who gave me tissues at this time, considering the fact that I cried, no sobbed, my way continually through this film. (But I was not the only one.) I have a soft spot for senior citizens. I have a soft spot for our troops fighting a war they should not even be fighting. Put these two together? You have me crying my eyes out. A very dear friend of mine was in Iraq for two years and my brother in law lost his best friend over there. Seeing these troops being greeted by volunteers, who are over the age of 70, who wake at 4am to welcome them home while dealing with their own issues just incredibly moved me. (They have greeted over half a million troops and counting.) Please, please see this documentary if you can. I promise you. You will not be disappointed.

No comments: